Potato wedges are my favorite way to eat spuds! They are extremely satisfying and filling and of course they compliment most dishes. For this meal I had leftover Gazpacho so I paired it with some golden wedges for a delicious supper.
POTATOES are nutritious and delicious! They are high in potassium, vitamin B6, copper, vitamin C, phosphorus, manganese, fiber, vitamin B3 and pantothenic acid. Potatoes are easy to digest, have anti inflammatory properties and because of their high potassium, magnesium, phosphorus and zinc content they are beneficial for good skin health.
4 large russet potatoes
3-4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. Italian herb mix
1/2 tsp. granulated garlic (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
2. Cut potatoes into wedges and place in large bowl.
3. Add the oil and herbs/spices to the potatoes and toss them until they are covered evenly.
4. Place potatoes onto baking sheet in a single layer.
5. Bake for 30-40 minutes until golden brown and tender.
6 lg. ripe tomatoes, cut into chunks
1 English cucumber, cut into chunks
2 celery stalks, cut into chunks
1 green pepper, cut into chunks
1/2 yellow pepper, cut into chunks
1/2 medium red onion, cut into chunks
1 handful fresh basil leaves
1-2 garlic cloves
1 cup water
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
A pinch of chili flakes (optional-more or less to your taste)
Salt & freshly cracked black pepper (adjust to your taste)
1. In a blender or food processor add all the ingredients and blend until desired consistency is reached.
2. Adjust seasoning. Chill before serving.